You can save your search strategy in your own MyNCBI space. Then you can choose to run again your search or select the option to automatically update and e-mail search results from your saved searches in a scheduled time.
- Open a PubMed session. Click MyNCBI header on the upper right of the screen.
- The first time click on REGISTER (it is free!) and enter a User Name (3-10 alpha-numeric characters) and a Password (6-8 alpha-numeric characters). You can make your browser remember it.
- Choose a security question and answer (if you forget your password); then enter the characters displayed as an image in the text box.
- Enter a default e-mail address. This e-mail address will be used for both automatic e-mail updates and the Send to E-mail feature in PubMed. A confirmation e-mail message will be sent.
- Open a PubMed session. Click SIGN IN in the MyNCBI header on the upper right of the screen.
- Set your query and run your search.
- Click the SAVE SEARCH link next to the query box Clear button. A separate window will open; you may edit the name of the search: it will be included in the Subject of the automatic e-mail update messages
- Click OK to simply save the search.
- To retrieve your saved search, first sign in to MyNCBI, then click My NCBI header: a page appears with "My saved searches and collections". You have to open the "SEARCHES" label.
- To run again your search, flag it and click WHAT'S NEW FOR SELECTED.
- To display the new items, click the # new items link. This also updates the saved search with the current date and time.
SAVING SEARCHES AND RECEIVE E-MAIL UPDATES:
1-3 as before.
4. Click the YES button to receive automatic e-mail updates of new search results.
5. You can change the frequency of your updates by changing the defaults under HOW OFTEN? E-mailed updates will be sent on the scheduled days.
6. To change or create a schedule for a saved search click the link under the DETAILS column on your list of "SEARCHES".