A short protein description with the molecular wheight, isoforms, etc...
Use, when available, the link to Wikipedia (Es Trypsin)
External links not available on Wikipedia have to be added here
CHEMICAL STRUCTURE AND IMAGES
When relevant for the function
- Primary structure
- Secondary structure
- Tertiary structure
- Quaternary structure
Protein Aminoacids Percentage
The Protein Aminoacids Percentage gives useful information on the local environment and the metabolic status of the cell (starvation, lack of essential AA, hypoxia)
SYNTHESIS AND TURNOVER
1. FUNCTION: Involved in axon growth. Plays an essential role in neurite extension of cerebellar granule cells (By similarity).
2. CATALYTIC ACTIVITY: ATP + a protein = ADP + a phosphoprotein.
3. SUBUNIT: Interacts with GABARAP and GABARAPL2.
4. INTERACTION: O95166:GABARAP; NbExp=1; IntAct=EBI-908831, EBI-712001;
5. TISSUE SPECIFICITY: Ubiquitously expressed. Detected in the following adult tissues: skeletal muscle, heart, pancreas, brain, placenta, liver, kidney, and lung.
6. SIMILARITY: Belongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. APG1/unc-51/ULK1 subfamily.
7. SIMILARITY: Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cell signaling and Ligand transport
- Structural proteins