Histones undergo a cycle of acetylation/deacetylation that modulate DNA packaging
Proteins AA content offers information about AA content in the niche
- CLoCK protein has been shown to possess histone acetyltransferase activity, and can acetylate its partner, bmAL1, on lysine 537.
- The histone deacetylase sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) interacts with CLoCK and can deacetylate lysine 537 of bmAL1 as well as lysine 9 and 14 of histone H3. SIRT1 is expressed in a circadian manner
- glutamine and bases synthesis and switch on DNA synthesis
- Threonine is pointing to a cell metabolism with high NADPH and ATP
- glutamine and glutamate and acetylCoA and switch off DNA synthesis